Pages

Wednesday 17 April 2013

First seeds sown


I was able to get up to the allotment for just over an hour today. It was a beautiful evening. I pulled some weeds out, raked the soil and planted a few lettuce seeds. The plan is to plant some more every two weeks or so. The bottles and egg shells (and coffee grounds which you can't see) are my (possibly futile) attempt at protecting the seedings from slugs.

The line is measuring out a foot - I thought I would try some square foot gardening principles, as the usable space I have at the moment is so little.

I also managed to pull up some weeds along the outside of the bed, and trim the grass a bit. The shears left on the allotment aren't really up for that job (although they're great for brambles) so I might invest in some proper lawn shears.

No comments:

Post a Comment